Connecting Brightback to Salesforce makes it possible to personalize your customer's Cancel Experience based on Account information in Salesforce. It's pretty magical ✨
About the Salesforce Integration
Brightback's Salesforce integration is via a Salesforce Connected App. Access to Salesforce is configured using OAuth. Currently it's only a one-way sync. We integrate with the Accounts Table in Salesforce and pull back all fields from the Account record that match the account_id for the exit session.
How and when data is synced
The Salesforce integration does account lookup on session creation. When a new session is created for one of your accounts, it will do a lookup for that account in Salesforce and pull the account fields to use in setting up the session. We also query the metadata api for the account object schema. We also query the Salesforce metadata api to describe the Account object in your Salesforce org during integration configuration, or when integration settings are reviewed or edited.
There are currently 3 queries we run on the Salesforce API:
- Get the (single) id of an object where the index field matches the value passed to us.
- Describe the Account object to us (metadata/schema)
- Get a single Account object by id
We currently internally track when the last successful sync and the last unsuccessful sync were. Outside of our general server logs, we don’t formally track every sync, and we don't have a public log exposed. We can verify whether or not data is being successfully retrieved, and what error messages may have occurred on the last sync when necessary.
Installing the Salesforce Integration
Setting up the Salesforce integration is as easy as a few clicks. Since it's an OAuth integration, whoever connects the integration will need the following permission set:
- Go to the Brightback Admin Page
- Click Settings in the lower left hand corner
- On the left side, see “Integrations”
- Navigate to “Salesforce” listed under “Integrations” and click “Connect”
- The modal will pop up that lists the benefits of connecting to Salesforce
6. Click “Connect to Salesforce”
7. You will be asked to allow Brightback to have Salesforce Access click "Allow"
Upon clicking Allow, the Accounts table Salesforce data will automatically sync with Brightback.