Segment Integration Checklist
Part 1: Log into Segment first
- Login to Segment Account
- Under Overview, click "Add a Source"
- Under Catalog, type in "HTTP API" which should pop up on the right
- Click "HTTP API" and then click "Connect"
- Add a name under source Setup and click "Add Source"
- Once you add a source, you should see a write Key
- Copy your write key from the clipboard
Part 2: Log into the Brightback App
- Go to the Brightback Admin Page
- Click Settings in the lower left hand corner
- On the left side, see “Integrations”
- Navigate to “Segment” listed under “Integrations” and click “Connect”
- The modal will pop up that lists the benefits of connecting to Segment
- Paste your write key into the modal click "Save and Continue"
You will then see a green check mark next to Segment indicating it is connected
What events are passed from Brightback into Segment?
- page_loaded: user has visited a Brightback cancel page
- watchlist: user has first visited Brightback page and not canceled within 30 mins
- cancel: user has confirmed the Brightback cancel request
- save: the Watch List session has expired and the user did not cancel
- deflect: any action has been clicked by the user to leave Brightback, including email, link, chat, offer, or schedule
- email: user has clicked the modal-based Feedback submission
- link: any link on Brightback has been clicked (includes modal actions and "Nevermind")
- chat: a Chat request has been clicked
- offer: an Offer-type modal was clicked
- schedule: a modal-based schedule request was clicked