Getting Started Guide
Since Brightback is such an integral part of your overall save strategy, we dedicate a Customer Success Manager to work closely with your team to ensure you get your page up and internal workflows in flow as soon as possible.
- Design your Brightback Page
- Customize your Offers
- Install Brightback.JS
- Connect to all your favorite tools
- Invite your team
- Manage Alerts
- Marvel at your trends and insights
- Rinse and repeat
1. Design your Brightback Page
Everything starts with the Brightback Page. When your customer hits cancel or downgrade, we redirect them through the Brightback Page to immediately alleviate in-the-moment pain points by offering on-the-spot solutions, and learn from past pitfalls to win em’ next time.
- For an in-depth breakdown of each Brightback Page element, view our Brightback Page guide.
- For examples of how other companies style their Brightback Page, view our Brightback Wall of Fame.
Already know what you're looking for? You can get to work on requesting design elements for your Brightback Page here: Brightback Page Request.
2. Customize your Offers
- To view what Offer options are available, check out our Offers guide: Understanding Offers.
- If you know what you want already, fill out our Offer Form.
3. Install Brightback
Brightback requires a technical install on your side to redirect customers through your Brightback Page. The Brightback JS snippet brings in customer data to personalize the cancel or downgrade flow to present Offers relevant to your customers plan, usage, or lifetime value.
4. Connect to all your favorite tools
Brighback plays nicely with many of the tools in your stack to personalize the experience when customers land on your Brightback Page and help create workflows around saving and winning back your customers. Here's a list of who we work with, out of the box:
- Salesforce - Use Salesforce Fields to personalize your Brightback Page and Offers
- Slack - Get Alerts of Brightback Events in a Slack Channel
- Intercom - Engage Canceling customers with chat from your Brightback Page
- Segment - Connect Brightback Analytics to any other analytics tool
- For everyone else, connect using Zapier!
5. Invite your Team
Adding team members is easy, just follow this guide: Add your team to Brightback
6. Manage Alerts and Emails
Alerts help keep you in the loop whenever a customer triggers events on the Brightback Page, like accepting an Offer or completing a Cancel. Receive Alerts by both Email and Slack, and configure them in the Settings menu following this guide: Manage Alerts.
7. Marvel at your trends and insights
As customers move through your Brightback Page, your Reports start to populate. Here's where you can see the benefits of your Brightback Page become tangible and actionable.
- Monitor your Brightback Page performance on the Dashboard with the Deflection Funnel, Save, Cancel, and Watchlist Reports: Navigating the Dashboard
- Unearth invaluable Insights into why people leave with the Insights Report: Understanding the Insights Report.
- Discover how the reasons people leave (and what gets them to stay!) changes over time with our Trends Report: Discovering Trends.
- Just want an easy, exportable list of all the customers that hit your Brightback page, Saves, Cancels, and Watchlist? Check out our Customer Pages: Getting to know Customer Pages.
8. Rinse and repeat
Once your Brightback Page has started collecting details and data about your Customers, refine and optimize! Find out what works, what doesn't, and start building out your experience based off different audience Segments, or explore different use cases like Downgrades and Trials.
Need a little bit more help to get started? We're always here! Give us a shout with any questions: Contact Us