Getting Started Guide
Since Brightback is such an integral part of your overall save strategy, we dedicate a Customer Success Manager to work closely with your team to ensure you get your page up and internal workflows running as soon as possible.
- Manage your brand
- Edit page copy and survey elements
- Choose Loss Aversion cards
- Customize your Offers
- Install Brightback.JS
- Connect to all your favorite tools
- Invite your team
- Manage Alerts
- Marvel at your trends and insights
- Rinse and repeat
1. Manage your brand
Brightback looks and feels like your app for a seamless customer experience. Add logos, color scheme, and even custom CSS in the brand manager so your customer’s never knew they moved to Brightback.
To change the overall look and feel of your Brightback Page, head to the Brand Manager in the top right corner of your Experience Manager, and reference our step-by-step guide covering each editable element: Manage your brand.
2. Edit headlines, copy, and survey elements on your Brightback Page
Brightback redirects cancelling or downgrading customers through Brightback Experiences to view Loss Aversion Cards, gather insights from the Exit Survey, and use Offers to help them reconsider. Each Experience leads to a Brightback Page that holds all of these elements together. In the Page editor in the Experience Manager, edit headlines, copy, and survey elements on the Brightback Page.
For an in-depth breakdown of each Brightback Page element, view our Brightback Page guide.
3. Choose Loss Aversion Cards
To learn how to create and add Loss Aversion Cards, check out our Loss Aversion card guide.
4. Customize Offers and assign to Experience
Click into any Offer to edit text, details, or links related to the Offer. To learn more about creating and editing Offers in the Offer library, check out our guide: Understanding Offers.
5. Install Brightback
Brightback requires a technical install on your side to redirect customers through your Brightback Page. The Brightback JS snippet brings in customer data to personalize the cancel or downgrade flow to present Offers relevant to your customers plan, usage, or lifetime value.
6. Connect to all your favorite tools
Brighback plays nicely with many of the tools in your stack to personalize the experience when customers land on your Brightback Page and help create workflows around saving and winning back your customers. Here's a list of who we work with, out of the box:
- Salesforce - Use Salesforce Fields to personalize your Brightback Page and Offers
- Slack - Get Alerts of Brightback Events in a Slack Channel
- Intercom - Engage Canceling customers with chat from your Brightback Page
- Segment - Connect Brightback Analytics to any other analytics tool
- Stripe and Recurly - Connect your billing system to validate saved customers and calculate lost (and saved!) revenue.
- For everyone else, connect using Zapier!
7. Invite your Team
Adding team members is easy, just follow this guide: Add your team to Brightback
8. Manage Alerts and Emails
Alerts help keep you in the loop whenever a customer triggers events on the Brightback Page, like accepting an Offer or completing a Cancel. Receive Alerts by both Email and Slack, and configure them in the Settings menu following this guide: Manage Alerts.
9. Marvel at your trends and insights
As customers move through your Brightback Page, your Reports start to populate. Here's where you can see the benefits of your Brightback Page become tangible and actionable.
- Monitor your Brightback Page performance on the Dashboard with the Deflection Funnel, Save, Cancel, and Watchlist Reports: Navigating the Dashboard
- Unearth invaluable Insights into why people leave with the Insights Report: Understanding the Insights Report.
- Discover how the reasons people leave (and what gets them to stay!) changes over time with our Trends Report: Discovering Trends.
- Just want an easy, exportable list of all the customers that hit your Brightback page, Saves, Cancels, and Watchlist? Check out our Customer Pages: Getting to know Customer Pages.
10. Rinse and repeat
Once your first Brightback Experience has started deflecting customers from canceling and collecting details and data about your Customers, refine and optimize! Find out what works, what doesn't, and start building out multiple Experiences to test and target to different audiences, or explore different Flows like Downgrades, or adding another language, product, or brand: Explore Flows
If you need some guidance understanding the terms in this guide and throughout our help center, check out the Brightback Glossary to make sure we're speaking the same language: Brightback Glossary.
Need a little bit more help to get started? We're always here! Give us a shout with any questions: Contact Us